... "Is not this the true romantic feeling- not to desire to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping you?" Thomas Wolfe

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

kicking it off...

It's Wednesday, the middle of finals week, and I'm taking a day off from studying stress to relax, pack, and digest the fact that in one short week, I will be enjoying la pura vida in beautiful Costa Rica. Goodness... I am so excited! Anyway, I'm hoping this blog will keep you all informed about all the wonderful things I will be experiencing on my second trip abroad. Last summer, I kept a blog in Spain which worked relatively well, but this time, I want to keep blogging even after I get back... so I'm using this trip as a way to jump-start it... give me something to talk about. Joy! :)

So, back to the trip. I will be studying abroad in Costa Rica for three weeks... three weeks jam-packed with zip-lining, rafting, hiking, touring, dancing, and speaking Spanish-- all while taking a class that would normally be spread out over an entire semester. It 
will be a whirlwind for sure, but I can't wait for it to begin!

Here's an overview of my program:

martes (tuesday) 5/12: Depart Atlanta for Miami on American Airlines Flight #1721 @6am
Depart Miami for San José on American Airlines Flight #971 @9:55am
Transfer to the UGA Costa Rica Campus in San Luis:


viernes (friday) 5/15-5/20: Homestay with a local family :) 

miércoles (wednesday) 5/20-5/24: Trip to San José-- hotel Aranjuez
jueves 5/21: City tour with the Minister of Culture; Jazz Café at night
viernes 5/22: Talks with a writer and a poet; shopping!
sábado 5/23: All-day rafting on el Rio Pacuare

miércoles 5/27: ZIP LINES!! and High ropes course at Selvatura

viernes 5/29: Fiesta with our Homestay families; final oral presentations

sábado 5/30-6/1: Beach time at Manuel Antonio (awesome, I get to RELAX at the end :) )
(^aerial shot of the beach and pretty blue water^)

martes 6/2: Depart San José  for Miami on American Airlines Flight #972 @2pm
Depart Miami for Atlanta on American Airlines Flight #1942 @10:25pm

miércoles 6/3: FINALLY arrive in ATL @ 12:15am (sorry for the late hour to whomever will be picking me up...)


So that will be my trip to Costa Rica in a nutshell... get in touch with me if you want a postcard... I know I LOVE getting mail, especially from outside the country, so get me your address and I'll see what I can do :)  

Well, that's all for now. I have to stop being a bum and start getting organized... but the rain just makes me want to sleep... In spite of my sluggish state, I am SO excited about where I'm going and what I'm doing! Sigh. I can't WAIT! :)

2 comments:

BonnieM said...

I love your beautiful and creative blog, and look forward to following you throughout Costa Rica. BE SAFE and hurry home:) love you!!!
~~tu mama

Anonymous said...

You are in the air as I type Kiddo. Whew, hope you get some sleep on your flights today. A long day. Oh, and again, awesome grades this semester as always. Very proud of you and miss you already. Love you.

tu padre