... "Is not this the true romantic feeling- not to desire to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping you?" Thomas Wolfe

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

el regreso...

Well, faithful readers, here I sit once again, typing away on my computer outside Gate #3 in the San José airport. I know I was a tease in my last entry and then didn't deliver with another post, but as you could probably guess, I've been so busy trying to squeeze as much into this last week and a half of my time here. 

After San José, we returned to San Luis and to school. We went zip lining, watched some movies of lo fantástico y lo maravilloso, wrote some essays, went dancing in Santa Elena-- and
 then stayed up until 4am writing a short story and packing for Manuel Antonio. We then traveled by bus to Manuel Antonio... I slept a good bit of the way to catch up on sleep... and got to spend the last few days of our program relaxing and having fun on the beach. No homework, no planned activities... just 15 people enjoying the company of those whom they had come to call friends. I cannot explain how amazing our group 
was. Perfect size, perfect chemistry. To any of you reading this, I love each and every one of you and I cannot wait for many reuniones to come :) Sangría at Señora's place!

Anyway, I hope that in the next month or so, I will be able to look back on the trip and write about more specific things that I was able to do here. At this point, it suffices to say that I had an absolutely wonderful time in Costa Rica and want to come back in the near future. 

Time to board the plane! 

2 comments:

Shweetfeet said...

Que guapa eres.

Anonymous said...

Hurry home!!!!!!